We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- In order to minimize touchpoints, we will ask for prepayment over the phone the day before your appointment. This minimizes touching of pens, credit cards, and keypads. We will also be adding credit card payment capabilities to our website.
- We will ask you to wait in your car and call or text us when you arrive, so as not to have anyone waiting in the reception area.
- Please bring a mask to your appointment. If you don’t have one, let us know when you call from your car and we will bring you one.
- Please bring your own headphones and dress warmly or bring a blanket if you run cold.
- We have a hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office, or you may stop at the restroom and wash your hands. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Upon arrival you will have your temperature checked with a non-contact thermometer, and your oxygen saturation level measured. The staff will be checking theirs daily as well.
- You may see that our reception area has changed and will no longer offer magazines or books, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. That said, we still have a lot of magazines being delivered so if you have a favorite from our usual selection, let us know at your visit and you may take it home with you.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you’re offered fewer time options when scheduling your appointment. Furthermore, if you had a previously scheduled appointment coming up in the next few months, we may be reaching out to you to adjust the time slightly. We have always taken pride in minimizing wait times, and we still value your time and appreciate your patience as we restructure our appointment logistics.
- Certain appointment times will be reserved for our more vulnerable patients so as to further decrease their chances of exposure.
- All contact points (restroom, reception area, front desk, etc.) will be disinfected between all patient visits.
- We have added four medical grade HEPA H13 air purifiers to the office that filter particles down to 0.1 microns (even smaller than Covid-19) and will scrub the air in the office every 5 minutes.
In our efforts to help make excellent dentistry more affordable for our patients, we are introducing a new membership program that will allow you to spread out your oral health costs and qualify for new courtesy discount options. Please visit our website for more information in the next few weeks, or ask us for details when you schedule.
We believe that as a small office, we have great advantages when it comes to keeping you safe. We have individual treatment rooms, rather than an open bay layout, so it is possible to contain aerosols and scrub the air between patients. We also believe that everyone deserves to partner with health care providers who know their name, history, and family… who laugh, celebrate, and sometimes even cry with them.
We know that our oral health is a critical aspect of our overall health, and the healthier we are, the more we are able to resist all types of infection. We cherish being on this journey with you, and appreciate the trust you have put in us as your partners on this journey. Please reach out with any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If you don’t already have your next appointment scheduled, please call our office at (805) 687-1411 and let us know how we can help you on your health journey.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to laughing with you again soon.
All our best,